Hi Steve-In theory Soundhound can recognize humming or singing, so it
should be able to recognize piano. I have used it for several years, but
have not had 100% success with it. It does a fair job of recognizing
commercial recordings, sometimes giving two different performances when
tried two different times.  Almost always gets the composer and song/work
right. It has gotten much better over the years. I have it on my
iPhone-it's free, I think. If you use your cell phone, figure out where the
mike is, and turn that end toward the sound source.

--
Frank B Strauss, DMD