On 6/1/2016 3:56 PM, Leggett, Stephen C wrote:
> http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/cbs-beats-lawsuit-pre-1972-898633
>
> CBS Beats Lawsuit Over Pre-1972 Songs With Bold Copyright Argument

> "A judge determines that remastered versions of old songs get copyright - and owners of the originals can't stop the public performance of them."

A look at the story suggests that this decision provides a permanent
employment opportunity for attorneys. And it looks like future
remastering engineers will be adding reverb and other effects to older
recordings as a matter of course, to make them copyrightable. Not,
perhaps the best news for those of us who prefer our reissues unmessed-with.

Peace,
Paul

---