Download "Shazam" for your smartphone and let it listen to your speakers!
Does a great job!

Ron Roscoe

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Steven Smolian
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 11:37 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Identifying classcial music by desktop

I have hundreds of tape reels with classical live concerts and no
announcements  This includes solo recitals, baroque music by composers whose
names probably end in "I" and the like.

If I can identify the sequence of works, I can often tie them to printed
programs from which the boxes becam separated and by using other resources.

Not being a pianist, I don't know the entire Chopin ouvre, Vivaldi from end
to end and lots more.

Is there a web site I can play my speakers into via a mike and converter to
identify lots of classical music?

Steve Smolian