Excellent recommendations, particularly the Mravinsky. When I was a kid, I was impressed by the 5th and 6th on Camden LPs, perhaps performed by the Oslo Phil. I'm going to dig through my basement and listen to them again to see if they still impress me; it's easily 50 years since I last heard them.

I have always heard a cymbal crash in the last movement, in my mind, of course, it's not really there, but imagine my surprise when recently I was listening to the Toronto Symphony recording under Ernest MacMillan and there was a cymbal crash, three beats earlier than where I imagined it.  I think my spot is marginally better, but still.....!

db

Sent from my iPhone