On Jun 20, 2016 11:40 AM, "Denenberg, Ray" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Joe -
>
> We too found the W3C specs of little use here.  But the BIBFRAME view is
that rdf:value supplies content that is machine processable; the content of
rdfs:label is intended for display.

> There may a case or two that doesn’t exactly conform to this distinction
(your example of  bf:AccessPolicy rdf:value “unrestricted”   perhaps should
instead be rdfs:label) but that’s the general rule of thumb.

It's probably not a good idea to use rdf:value with bibframe, as the
bibframe RDF convention is to use separate properties for object and data
values.

Also, rdf:value cannot be used with OWL tools, as is in a reserved
namespace and not explicitly permitted.

Simon