On Jun 29, 2016 4:40 PM, "Young,Jeff (OR)" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I don’t think this is true. A vocabulary should publish versions at new URIs but the namespace can remain constant.

Stronger than that - The latest version of an ontology can be published at a fixed IRI, as long as each version has a unique version IRI.

In fact there is no necessary relationship between an ontology, any names mentioned in that ontology, and any URLs that can be used to retrieve that document.

There are some recommendations as to how ontology IRIs, ontology version IRIs, and URLs should behave for ontology version series, but these are advisory, and behavior is under constrained.

The only time that new names are needed is if the semantics of the previous name is changed. *Cough* skos:broader.

Simon