From: Bibliographic Framework Transition Initiative Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Hubay Miklós
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2016 10:43 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [BIBFRAME] provisionActivity

Dear Colleagues,

I'm a young librarian of a Hungarian university library, and my MA-degree thesis is about the BIBFRAME. I have a question about the publishing data. In the 1.0 version it looked like this:

bf:providerStatement "London : Bloomsbury, 2003." ;
            bf:publication [ a bf:Provider ;
                    bf:providerDate "2003" ;
                    bf:providerName [ a bf:Organization ;
                            bf:label "Bloomsbury" ] ;
                    bf:providerPlace [ a bf:Place ;
                            bf:label "London " ] ] ;

In the example above, every data element has its own property. But now, in the 2.0 there's only one class (ProvisionActivity, and, all right, its subclasses too) and one property (provisionActivity) to express at least three different data elements. Do I understand it right? Even the MARC separates the publication statement into three...

--

Hubay Miklós

reference librarian, system-administrator, MTMT-administrator

Széchenyi István University University Library

HUNGARY 9026 Győr, Egyetem tér 1.

Tel.: +36-96/613-443