Greetings!

I am delighted to announce that the National Digital Stewardship Residency (NDSR) program is now accepting applications through July 20, 2016.  Applicants can apply through the USAJOBs vacancy announcement available from https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/441209500

If you aren’t familiar, the NDSR program is a field experience opportunity developed by the Library of Congress and the Institute of Museum and Library Services open to recent masters and doctoral graduates interested in digital stewardship, who have graduated from an accredited degree-granting program between summer 2014 and summer 2016. Doctoral candidates with graduation beyond summer 2016 are also encouraged to apply.  You can read more about the NDSR program from the website, available from http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/ndsr

The Library and five host institutions will select five residents to begin a one-year full-time paid residency to develop, apply, and advance their digital stewardship knowledge and skills in real-world settings.  We ask you to please share the word about this exclusive opportunity. Also, if you personally know of someone who would be a good candidate please pass this message along.

I have attached an application factsheet, which is available from http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/ndsr/documents/Resident_Applicant_Instructions-20160608.pdf  in the event the document is removed in transit.

Thank you for your interest in the program, and your assistance in distributing the announcement. Below I have provided some sample text to share via social media channels.

Thank you,

George

George Coulbourne

Chief, Internship and Fellowship Programs

National and International Outreach

Library of Congress

101 Independence Avenue

Washington, DC 20540-3000

(o) 202-707-7856 (iP) 202-258-2969

[log in to unmask]| www.loc.gov

facebook post:

The 2016-2017 National Digital Stewardship Residency (NDSR) application period for the Washington, DC cohort is now open!  The one-year residency is a paid position from September 2016 through September 2017, and is open to recent masters and doctoral graduates with an interest in digital stewardship. Developed by the Institute for Museum and Library Services and the Library of Congress, the program prepares recent graduates for the professional world of digital stewardship through field work at one of five host institutions in the Baltimore-Washington area. To learn more about the program and how to apply for this exciting opportunity, visit the website available from the link below. http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/ndsr/

Tweet:

@librarycongress @US_IMLS #ndsrdc application period is open! 1-yr PAID residency w/dig pres focus in Balto-DC area, http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/ndsr/