Hi Cheryl,

Great job on the transcription of names of corporate bodies!

The 1st NAR would be: Libavskiĭ birzhevoĭ komitet (please note the macron above letter i in “Libavskii” that I emphasized – for old orthography). 2nd and 3rd words are not capitalized, per capitalization rules for Russian language.

2nd NAR: Libavskai︠a︡ torgovai︠a︡ kommissīi︠a︡ (again – macron above 2nd I in the word “kommissiia”)
You would also need a variant access point for different spelling of “kommissiia”: - with one “m”, which is more common in Russian.

VAR: Libavskai︠a︡ torgovai︠a︡ komissīi︠a︡.

You could also create variant access points for the geographic jurisdiction: 410 1 Liepāja (Latvia). #b Birzhevoĭ komitet and 410 1 Liepāja (Latvia). #b Torgovai︠a︡ kommissīi︠a︡.

If you would like to submit NARs for me for the final review of diacritics, etc., I would be happy to take a look. My institution symbol is ICU.

Larisa Walsh

Larisa Walsh
Slavic cataloger
Regenstein Library
University of Chicago
1100 East 57th Street, Rm. 170
Chicago, Illinois 60637
e-mail: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Fax: (773) 702-6623