This may not be quite the correct forum, and if it isn’t, my apologies.  I was looking for the heading “Entertainment industry” in LCSH.  There is no such heading, not even as a cross reference.  There is a heading “Performing arts,” with the cross reference “Show business.”  “Show business” is considered by Wikipedia as an alternate term for “Entertainment industry.”

So, my question is, for the purposes of the catalog, do we consider “Performing arts,” “Show business,” and “Entertainment industry” to be equivalent terms, and should “Entertainment industry” be a see reference on the record for “Performing arts”?

Michael S. Borries

Cataloger, City University of New York

151 East 25th Street, 5th Floor

New York, NY  10010