"Performing arts" seems to imply the more high-brow, classical arts, such
as ballet, piano concerts, etc. Or even mime.

"Show business" feels like an antiquated/outdated term, calling to mind
Irving Berlin and Ethel Merman (a la "There's no business like show
business...").

"Entertainment industry" seems like today's term for show business. Perhaps
you could use "Show business" for older material and "Entertainment
industry" for more modern material.

My 2 cents, anyhow!

--
Ann Heinrichs