"Performing arts" seems to imply the more high-brow, classical arts, such as ballet, piano concerts, etc. Or even mime.

"Show business" feels like an antiquated/outdated term, calling to mind Irving Berlin and Ethel Merman (a la "There's no business like show business...").

"Entertainment industry" seems like today's term for show business. Perhaps you could use "Show business" for older material and "Entertainment industry" for more modern material.

My 2 cents, anyhow!