On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 2:24 PM, Adam L. Schiff <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

"Probably someone ought to propose adding Reverends as another variant term for Clergy."

I would hope very much that no-one makes such a proposal, as it would undercut the original point I was trying to make:

"Reverend" is a title or a form of address; it is _not_ a term for a class of persons, nor is it the term for an occupation.

I agree wholeheartedly that "Reverend" or its variant forms should be recorded only if justified by the person's usage, that it should be recorded in the 368 $d, and that it should be recorded in the form found in the source.

Charles Croissant