Hi Mickey-I also have not seen anything from the List today. I am listening
as we speak. As you note, there seems to be some rumble at the beginning of
several of the cuts from Vol 2, which fades fairly quickly.. I note this in
Palesteena, which is the one I am listening to at the moment. After the
beginning it's quite nice. Two that I notice that have no rumble are Just
Like The Rose/Freckles and Venetian Moon. Am now listening to Humming-very
nice after the start. Amazing nice sound for early acoustical. I'm afraid I
may have to get the rest of the set. Most of my Diamond Disks are
classical. I will try to catalog what I have this summer. Perhaps there is
something on my list that you might like to add to your catalog.

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 8:36 PM, Mickey Clark <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Framk - Haven't had any mail from the list today - thought it odd - meybe
> bumped off or something - have you gotten anything today?
>
> How are you enjoying the Edisons ? I can send oyu a list of all mine to
> see if oyu will need to record all of them. I have done a vocal compilation
> whhich I willl be revisiting and also a Military band mix. - same think. I
> have enough classical for a couple of discs too. Did you get my post about
> the Claudia Muzio dub? A bit of rumble at beginning but they always fade -
> exposure of edge of record to moisture and air - all the best- Mickey Clark
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Frank Strauss" <[log in to unmask]>

>>> from a very light assembly holding the cartridge. Because of enertia,
> [...]
>>> either bass or baritone plays toward the end. Pianist Ernest L.Stevens
>>> had
>>> both a trio and full band. The trio featured himself, Frank Crum-as/ Neal
>>> Litt-bj. The full band you hear on Dirty Hands Dirty Face is Red
>>> Nichols-c/
>>> Chuck Campbell-tb/Frank Crum-as-ts/Bill Morse-vn/ Dusty Rhoades-d. Please
>>> note that as Red Nichols was born in 1905, he was only 18 when this was
>>> recordsd. Chuck Campbell's name is pencilled in in Rust's Jazz
>>> discography
>>> for the "All Star Orchestra". He accompanied Gene Austin on "The Voice Of
>>> The Southland" in 1928 and Without That Gal in 1931. A Brunswick session
>>> with Campbell in 1934 featured the Boswell Sisters and musicians Bunny
>>> Berigan-t/Jimmy Dorsey-cl/ Larry Binyon-cl. A session with Bix
>>> Beiderbecke
>>> in 1928 by the Broadway Bell Hops for Harmony started off with Bix-c/
>>> Bill
>>> Rank-tb/ then for the final cut in the session the lineup was Mannie
>>> Klein-t/ Chuck Campbell-tb/ along with a steller roup of musicians.He
>>> also
>>> played with the California Ramblers, Colonial Club Orchestra, Grey Gull
>>> Studio Bands, the Dorsey Brothers Orchestra, backed up Jane Green on Vic
>>> 20509, the High Hatters, Sam Lanin's Ipana Troubadours, Johnny Johnson,
>>> Roger Wolfe Kahn, George Olsen, Sid Phillips, Ben Selvin, Nat Shilkret, a
>>> session for Gennett in 1922 with the Syncopating Seven, with Kay Thompson
>>> in 1937, the Varsity Eight, the Virginians, and played in the Victor
>>> Light
>>> Opera medleys - a man to watch!!! ~ Mickey Clark

>>> 07/11/22 8528 DAVIS-SILVER

>>> HIRSCH

>>> LEWIS-LOPEZ

>>> CUNNINGHAM-IRVING WEILL

>>> Dubin-ts/ Ray romano-p/ Frank Di Prima-bj/ Connie Traeger-bb/ Johnny
>>> Hoffman-d

>>> KUNNEKE-GOODMAN

>>> SCHUSTER

>>> WOOD-WEATHERLY

>>> KOELER-MAGINE-LYONS

>>> 08/02/23 9113 SCHERTZINGER

>>> CARROLL

>>> ARCHER

>>> 09/24/23 9176 MONACO

>>> 12/01/23 8798 STERN

>>> recordings from 1924. As a collector, I have only found British
>>> electrical
>>> recordings of this instrument, by Ray Starita dating from 1930. However,
>>> it
>>> would have been the later generation of vibes - with the damper pedal .
>>> They both depended on an electric motor driving the butterfly valve,
>>> creating the tremolo. First developed in 1921, it used steel bars and had
>>> no sustain pedal. J.C. Deagan, Inc.'s Chief Tuner, Henry Schluter,
>>> introduced aluminum bars and the pedal in 1927, creating the instrument
>>> as
>>> it is structured today. Louis Armstrong used it in "Song Of The Islands"
>>> 1929. The title that inspired this re-visit to a project that started
>>> about
>>> 20 years ago with a shorter compilation was "There's A Bend At The End Of
>>> The Swanee" By Kaplan's Melodists. I didn't have that title and sourced
>>> the
>>> track from my collegue Ben Roth - he also incuded Follow The Swallow Back
>>> Home - thanks, Ben. The rest of the selections come from my personal
>>> collection. The Dave Harman Orchestra recorded 2 sides for Columbia in
>>> 1924, 8 titles for Edison in 1924 - 1925, followed by 5 titles for

Frank B Strauss, DMD