Jane - yes, in your example ...

    rdfs:label "Allen, Paula Gunn" ;
    rdfs:label "Paula Gunn Allen, Native American writer" ;
    bf:agent lcnaf:n81139185 ;
    bf:agent wd:Q435902 .

... where there are two labels and two links supplied you cannot readily associated a label with the link that it corresponds to.  If you need to associate them, you would have to follow the links.  (Or just one link; if you associate one label with one of the links you can probably assume that the other label is associated with the other link.)

Ray