Apologies for Cross Posting
In conjunction with the US Library of Congress, Library Association of Ireland (LAI), the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP), Libraries Northern Ireland, the National Library of Ireland, and other partners, I am pleased to announce Call for Participation for the forthcoming 5th International Summit of the Book 2016, Limerick City, Ireland,
November 2nd– 3rd 2016 http://www.summitofthebook2016.com
The main theme of this prestigious global conference is:
“Words are all we have” [Samuel Becket1909-1989] The Book: History, Knowledge & Technology. The Voyage.
The Summit invites suggestions for potential Invited speakers and paper submissions focusing on the following sub-themes:
MAIN THEMES AND TOPICS
· Technology and Manuscripts
· Books & Cultural Exchange
· eBooks Versus Print Books
· Book Industry Challenges in Europe
· Books, Reading and the Society
· Books and Knowledge Economy
· Future of the book
· Role of the book in human knowledge and culture
· Rare Books
· Preservation through digitization
· Archival repositories and special collections
· Preservation and the library as a sacred institution
· Book manufacture in modern times
· Etymology & history of the Book
· Information Explosion and the Book
· Libraries and challenges for the future
Submissions in any of the following forms are accepted:
· Full paper to be published in conference proceedings
· Roundtable discussion
Papers submission deadline: 30th September 2016
To submit a paper please go to: http://www.summitofthebook2016.com/
Registration for the Summit is now open!
To register please go to http://www.summitofthebook2016.com/
The “International Summit of the Book” is a US Library of Congress initiative. The Summit discusses the development of books into electronic formats and its impact on reading; the challenges facing books and the publishing industry and the role of books and reading in societies. The Summit also discusses key issues on technology and manuscripts, including the role of translation in the preservation and transmission of culture, and books as an important tool in cultural exchange.
For further information: please visit the 5th International Summit of the Book website http://www.summitofthebook2016.com/
Please keep an eye on our Facebook page www.facebook.com/The.5th.International.Summit.of.the.Book and follow LIT Library Twitter page @LIRC_Limerick and hashtag #BookSummitIRL for updates on our speakers and further details on the event.