Hi,

A lot of inquiries we receive pertain to the history of EROS (Earth Resources Observation and Science), new USGS web site that may be of interest :

USGS EROS History Project:
http://eros.usgs.gov/history

~~~~~~~

Welcome to the EROS History Project

The EROS History Project set out to preserve as much historical information on EROS as possible, dating as far back as 1966.  The web site was developed to enable the sharing of these historical documents (text reports, still pictures, and videos). While a significant amount of information exists on the site now, we will continually add to the site as we discover and preserve more and more history.  The site is organized by decade followed by tabs containing Documents or Videos.  Individual decades may have additional categories such as Newsletters, Reports or Anniversaries.  Pictures utilize a gallery approach.

~~~~~~~

1970's : http://eros.usgs.gov/history/1970

1980's : http://eros.usgs.gov/history/1980

1990's : http://eros.usgs.gov/history/1990