In reading the article I feel he may have gone a few steps further than
necessary. When I had my 16-track analog studio I had an isolation
transformer at the pole. The power was still lowered to 120V-60Hz at the
pole and shared with various neighbors, including a printing company,
but my main power line was isolated and regulated separately. My
regulation was done at my circuit-breaker boxes. The control room,
studio and utilities were on different circuits as well. All in order to
keep the power chain quiet. Worked fine and was far less expensive than
Mr. Morita's rig. We also did not have a $60,000 monitoring amplifier!
But I did use a pair of matched Macintosh 60W acoustic pre and power
amps to audition studio recordings at home.

You've all heard of GIGO (garbage in, garbage out), right? Basically,
what you hear on your home system will only be as good as the gear,
engineers, materials and performers that made it. You won't make a piece
of music better than the original gestalt that created it. By
effectively cleaning up the power and audio chains between your stereo
and the pole (and/or your pre-amp and power amp, etc.) what you will do
is remove many possible sources of interference. If your basic set up,
power and audio) is lousy or of minimal design and construction it won't
matter if you have the original master recording or not, the sound will
still suffer.

Malcolm

*******