Dennis is correct:
The incoming power from the outside world is extremely dirty and needs
aggressive treatment. The key is to have plenty of current available.
About a 2-to-1 ratio (1/2 stress engineering) is desirable and the
treatment starts from there. Having plenty of current is the only
possible reason I can think of that would justify a separate power drop.
Regeneration is a valid plan if your needs are modest. However, it's not
cost effective for large installations.

As Ellis Burman pointed out, commercial recording facilities use
isolation transformers. I have built several studios and the electrical
feed starts with a center tapped, isolated, 3 phase transformer. The
system is branched out, further filtered and isolated from there. The
end result needs to have a common, but separate, ground from building
power.

Cheers!

Corey
Corey Bailey Audio Engineering