I've a Tapecorder M-4 spring-wound, 5" reel tape recorder made by Tokyo
Tsushin Kogyo, LTD, "Made in Japan"  Serial 385.

I'm planning to sell it and am trying to find out what I can about it.

The company was the earlier name used by SONY.  The nameplate is in English.
The similar looking M-1  was released in 1951.  There are pictures of it and
the M-5 on line.

This item has a label added, "U.S. Information Agency."

I'd like to know what years the M-4  was available.

I can't find a sale record for any of these models and am thus unsure how to
price it.

Any helpful suggestions welcomed.

Steve Smolian