Funny you should bring up the Murray Hill LP Caruso set, Thomas.  Several
of us have had a recent discussion of a new CD box set "reissue" by Bayer,
a German concern, of an earlier Bayer set from about 25 years ago, that was
one of the worst historical CD sets ever made.  It was derived from the
Murray Hill Caruso LPs, pushed thru No-Noise with disastrous results.  Here
is Gary Galo's 1990 review in the ARSC Journal:
​w​
ww.arsc-audio.org/journals/v21/v21n2p283-289.pdf
<http://www.arsc-audio.org/journals/v21/v21n2p283-289.pdf>

And it has had other negative press.  Ironically, the new set sells for
about double the cost of the best complete Caruso set on Naxos, based on
Ward Marston's transfers.

Best,
John Haley

 .