The more robust features of our new acquisitions systems, OFORS, means the offices need to plan more for serials renewals (calendar year 2017).  As a result, I am asking you to review your serials subscriptions before September 2016 to let us know if you are adding or dropping any titles.

Although we can add your library to a serial subscription, it will be more difficult to remove your library from a subscription.  I therefore ask that you submit titles as soon as possible. We are working with vendors on renewals and may not be able to guarantee cancellations for calendar year 2017 after September 15th.

Let me know if you have questions or concerns. Thanks to all who have already submitted their lists.

Carol L. Mitchell, Ph.D.

Field Director

Southeast Asia Regional Office

Library of Congress