Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the
Department of the Interior Library on Wednesday, September 7th from 2:00 to
3:15 pm for a training session entitled "The National Technical Reports
Library: Introduction and New Features" part of our series of free training
sessions at the DOI Library.

Worldwide searching for federally funded bibliographic science and
technology research information is now free on the basic Public Access
National Technical Reports Library (NTRL) website. The Public Access NTRL
is open to all users (domestic and international) for search and discovery
 Public Access NTRL gives users access to a searchable online database of
approximately three million Federal science and technology reports
published by the National Technical Information Service. The full text for
800,000 of these documents can be downloaded immediately in electronic PDF
format without charge. Free registration is required to download the
reports. Attendees to this session will learn how to effectively search
through this database to locate official government reports, including many
published by Interior Department bureaus and offices. This program will be
conducted by a National Technical Information Service trainer.

All that are interested are invited.  Please note that the temporary DOI
Library is located in Room 2262 of the Stewart Lee Udall Department of the
Interior Building. The Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior
Building is located at 1849 C Street, NW in Washington, DC.  Space for the
program in the Library is limited so please go to the following link to
register:

https://docs.google.com/a/nbc.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?formk
ey=dDVHQUhwT3h4aVJURm14VVV0amR6SlE6MA#gid=0

We do prefer that you attend in person here at the DOI Library if you can.
  However, please note that this class is also being offered as a
simultaneous online webinar for those that can't attend in person.  Please
indicate on the online registration form if you wish to obtain information
about webinar access to this program.

You may contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at
[log in to unmask] for more information about this program or if you have
trouble registering using the link above.  For more information about
the DOI Library, its resources, and its services, please visit our website
at http://www.doi.gov/library.

We hope that you can attend either in person or virtually on September 7th!

George

George Franchois
Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative Services
(OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, Room 2262, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]