Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the Department of the Interior Library on Wednesday, August 24th from 2:00 to 3:15 pm for a training session entitled "Mastering Federal Regulations" part of our series of free training sessions at the DOI Library.

The process of researching the intricacies of federal regulations may seem on the surface to be a daunting task. However, by using a step-by-step procedure to follow them from when they are enacted through official publication, researchers can get a grasp on how the process works. This class will teach attendees how to track the history of regulations. Beginning with the enactment of a law, you will follow regulations as they become part of the Code of Federal Regulations. Real examples – drawn from the Wilderness Act - will also demonstrate how to move from statute to regulation as well as how to use the parallel table of authorities and rules. This useful and interesting presentation will improve your research skills and refresh your knowledge of the executive branch regulations process. Join the library’s Head of Reference Services, Jennifer Klang, as she shows you how to master federal regulations.

All that are interested are invited.  Please note that the temporary DOI Library is located in Room 2262 of the Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building. The Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building is located at 1849 C Street, NW in Washington, DC.  Space for the program in the Library is limited so please go to the following link to register:

https://docs.google.com/a/nbc.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDVHQUhwT3h4aVJURm14VVV0amR6SlE6MA#gid=0

We do prefer that you attend in person here at the DOI Library if you can.   However, please note that this class is also being offered as a simultaneous online webinar for those that can't attend in person.  Please indicate on the online registration form if you wish to obtain information about webinar access to this program.

You may contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at [log in to unmask] for more information about this program or if you have trouble registering using the link above.  For more information about the DOI Library, its resources, and its services, please visit our website at http://www.doi.gov/library.

We hope that you can attend either in person or virtually on August 24th!

George

George Franchois
Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative Services (OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, Room 2262, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]doi.gov
Phone: (202) 208-3796