Dear federal and armed forces librarians, and others who have an interest in federal and armed forces libraries and librarianship,
The Board of the Federal and Armed Forces Libraries Round Table is working on the next issue of Federal Librarian (http://www.ala.org/faflrt/newsletters), which has been in hiatus since 2014.
If you have any relevant content and information that you would like considered for this issue or future issues, you may send it to the Editor of Federal Librarian Janice Young, Librarian, U.S. Dept. of Energy; Office of Scientific and Technical Information (OSTI), at [log in to unmask]. In order to be considered for the Fall issue, we would like you to send your information to Janice by Friday, September 16th.
We are particularly interested in the following topics:
* Initiatives that impact federal and armed forces libraries and librarians
* Professional development and leadership
* Careers in federal and armed forces librarianship
* Core competencies for federal and armed forces librarians
* Community outreach activities
* Reports on conferences and information on upcoming conferences, webinars, and training opportunities
* Useful links to interesting or unusual blogs, federal repositories, and informational websites
* In the Spotlight: Showcase of a federal or armed forces library or information center
* Awards and notable achievements of federal and armed forces librarians
* New appointments and retirements
* Volunteer opportunities
Even if your submission is not included in the forthcoming issue, it could appear in a future issue.
Thank you for your support of FAFLRT and the federal and armed forces library community.
Karl E. Debus-López
President, Federal and Armed Forces Libraries Round Table 2016-2017
Chief, U.S. Programs, Law, and Literature Division
Acquisitions and Bibliographic Access Directorate
The Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave. S.E., LM-501
Washington, D.C. 20540-4280
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Phone: (202) 707-6641