From: Geospatial Hosting Environment [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Uzel, Jim
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2016 10:38 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: GHE Issue: Layers not drawing in Application

We have seen this before. When using two or more services in one map, one (or more) of the service layers does not draw. The data is there if clicked on, but the features do not render. Also, there seems to be no rhyme or reason which layer draws/doesn’t draw. In the example below one service layer draws (115th Congressional Districts) in Firefox, and the other layer (114th districts that changed) draws in IE.

Reason this is critical:

·         Because we do not have the capabilities of Dynamic Layers, If we want to have one layer with transparency, then we must create a separate service for that layer.

·         In the Portal Map, we cannot control the transparency of individual feature layers, but only the entire service layer.

·         Putting transparency on the layer in the original map document is not supported when creating a Service.

URL to map app: https://staff.gis.loc.gov/templates/story-seriesc/?appid=e7ac8823f9fb4b439211bf9a1829655a&webmap=9de3d47c3212413d995d6de374348d2a

Are there reasons this is happening? Solutions?

Thanks,

Jim Uzel

GIS Analyst

Congressional Research Service