From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of RSC Secretary
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2016 3:26 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] "Publisher" as relationship designator--correct or not?

Mary Jane et al.,
I am the VERY last person who should advise anyone on current PCC policy about series.  The last SAR I created was many years ago before LC abandoned series authority control.  I realize that the PCC policies are available in the Toolkit but I have not been keeping up with what they say.
I was just trying to clarify which RDA elements applied to which of the WEMI (work, expression, manifestation, item) entities.  I also do agree that sometimes the only logical addition to a series title access point is the commercial publisher even if the result is then a manifestation access point.
Regards, Judy