Hi, Casey

I searched using "jean baptiste j b" and "marie claire" and also found mixed practice, but I agree that usage seems to be the determinant. Most of the records I found are coded AACR2 but a couple are coded RDA (e.g. n 82144210 for Arban, J.-B. (Jean-Baptiste), 1825-1889 and no2015114308 for Biélawski, J.-B.-M. (Jean-Baptiste-Maurice), 1838-1921). I'd add the periods and retain the hyphen, Casey.

-Phyllis Jones