This is covered in module 7 of the NACO training, slides 29-31.  I won't try to summarize as there are various conditions.

Amy

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Shorten, Jay
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2016 3:15 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCCLIST] Converting AACR2 authority records to RDA authority records

If a straight AACR2 authority record (Rules = c) does not have the 667 notice that it must be re-examined before using in an RDA record, do I need to convert it to RDA if I add any sort of data whatsoever, specifically an 046 or a 670? Or do I only need to do this if I change the 100 (such as by closing the dates) or composing a new 100?

I seem to remember the answer is yes, I need to convert an AACR2 authority record to RDA no matter what data I add or correct, but I want to confirm this.

Jay Shorten
Cataloger, Monographs and Electronic Resources
Associate Professor of Bibliography
Catalog Department
University Libraries
University of Oklahoma
Co-owner, PERSNAME-L, the list about personal names in bibliographic and authority records