As I understand it, yes, per the Descriptive Cataloging Manual-Z1 (see page
27: 008/10):

"General All new name authority records created and contributed by LC/PCC
catalogers must use code 008/10 “z” and include subfield $e rda in the 040
(Cataloging source) field.

When an existing NAR using code “a”, “b”, “c”, or “d” is modified in any
way, evaluate the NAR and re-code it to RDA, changing the 008/10 code
accordingly.

Exception 1: If an existing NAR using code “c” is modified only to change
or add a 5XX field, catalogers are strongly encouraged, but not required,
to evaluate the NAR and re-code it to RDA, changing the 008/10 code
accordingly.

Exception 2: Existing undifferentiated name authority records coded 008/10
“c” may be modified to remove one or more identities in order to create
differentiated RDA authority records. When modifying an existing
undifferentiated name authority record for this purpose, the updated
undifferentiated name authority record must retain the existing 008/10
code. "

--
Leigh Billings ([log in to unmask])
Slavic Cataloger, International Studies