From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Adam L. Schiff
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 1:57 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Children of Holocaust survivors

MARC field 368 $c is where this would go in a personal name authority.  It can hold any characteristic that doesn't fit elsewhere.

386 may only be used on work and expression records.  It was originally proposed for persons too, but the MARC Advisory Committee said that 368 $c was already available for use.

Adam

Adam L. Schiff
Principal Cataloger
University of Washington Libraries