Thanks Richard and Janis. I did not think the check the tentative list for such deletions. Glad to know the ideal turnaround time.

Happy weekend,
Casey

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 12:34 PM, Young, Janis <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi, Casey,

We rely on PCC members to report superseded LC subject headings for individual fictitious and legendary characters, mythological beings, deities, and animals with proper names.  The duplicate record that you found was not reported until June of this year, and it appears on this month’s tentative list.  When superseded records are reported to us immediately, the lag time is 2-3 months; it depends on when the cancellation proposal is received in relation to where we are in the monthly list process.  If we receive a proposal just before a tentative list closes, the delete can be approved in as little as six weeks.

Thanks for asking,

Janis

Janis L. Young

Policy and Standards Division