Thanks Jeremy. I'll take a shot and see what happens. It looks like the canned jetty7 configuration/startup files will need to be adapted a little but hopefully we can figure that out. Will let you know how it goes.

From: Jeremy Echols <[log in to unmask]>
To: Glenn Bunton <[log in to unmask]>; "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 12:58 PM
Subject: RE: Jetty 8 or 9

I can’t give you a definite answer, but in the interests of giving you SOME kind of response, here goes.  Some of this is just speculation on my part, however.

We haven’t done anything with Jetty, but I’d say give it a shot and see what happens.  Jetty is just the web server / servlet container for Solr, so it should be a fairly low-risk operation.  Kind of like upgrading Apache and expecting your PHP site to keep running smoothly – it usually works without much fuss.

Of course, there could be some new configuration you have to figure out, but I’d think that would only affect Jetty and not the rest of the stack.