Register Today to Meet your Professional Development Match!

Speed Mentoring Workshop

Tuesday, October 4, 2016
5:30 to 8:00 pm
University of Maryland College Park

Are you a new or returning MLIS student?  Are you just starting your career in the information profession?  Are you in need of professional advice and guidance and don’t know where to turn? Look no further—the SLA Maryland and DC Chapters have teamed up to provide a free and unique program that can help:  Speed Mentoring: Meet Your Professional Development "Match"!

5:30 - Registration/Networking
6:00 - Introductions, Cindy Sheffield, Zimmerman and Associates, Inc.
6:05 - Managing Change for Ourselves and Our Organizations, Keith Cogdill, Director, NIH Library
6:25 - Mentoring, what that means, personal experience, Nancy Faget, Army Research Lab
6:35 - Menteeing, what that means, personal experience, Lissa Snyders, Presidential
          Management Fellow, Class of 2016
6:45 - Introduction of other Mentors and how Speed Mentoring is going to work, Cindy Sheffield

A light dinner will be provided.
Looking for a mentor but can't attend?  Register and will we do our best to make a match!
Register:  https://www.eventbrite.com/e/speed-mentoring-workshop-tickets-27198660927

(note: registrants will be provided specific location information at a later date)

Questions:  Cindy Sheffield, [log in to unmask] and Lissa Snyders, [log in to unmask]

Hosted by:  SLA MD & DC/SLA Chapters

Sponsored by: