https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/450075600/

I'm only the messenger, please direct any questions to: VHA Nationwide DEU Phone: (844)456-5208 Email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Supervisory Librarian (Medical Sciences)

Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration

Agency contact information<https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/450075600/>

1 vacancy in the following location:

*         Hines, IL

Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent

Opened Tuesday 9/13/2016 (0 day(s) ago)

Closes Monday 9/19/2016 (6 day(s) away)

*         Salary Range

$64,992.00 to $84,489.00 / Per Year

*         Series & Grade

GS-1410-11/11

*         Supervisory Status

Yes

*         Who May Apply

United States Citizens

*         Control Number

450075600

*         Job Announcement Number

ANS-16-CPo-1778815

Apply<https://www.usajobs.gov/Applicant/Application/ApplyStart/450075600>

Print <https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/PrintPreview/450075600> Share <https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/450075600/#modal-trigger> Save <https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/450075600/>

Job Overview

Job Overview

Summary

Vacancy ID: 1778815

OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?

The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service. If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.

The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.

The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define "who we are," our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence ("I CARE").

America's Veterans need you! To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.

Duties

This position is located in the Education Service of the VA Medical Center in Hines, IL. The primary purpose

of this position is to perform professional librarian functions and coordinate the overall day-to-day

operation of the Employee and Veterans' Libraries. Duties include but are not limited to the following:

*       Serving as Librarian-in-Charge and providing administrative and technical supervision of library technician positions;
*       Ensuring that ongoing areas of clinical activity, research, and education taking place throughout the medical center receive effective dissemination of knowledge-based information;
*       Overseeing the library's journal collection by evaluating, selecting and deleting titles;
*       Updating nationwide union lists of periodicals, preparing and revising computer generated journal holding lists, and supervising the regular preparation of journal claims lists;
*       Maintaining the Veterans' Health Information library, which serves as a centralized resource center for housing print and media materials for use in Veteran education, counseling, and teaching;
*       Providing health information to Veterans and their families;
*       Analyzing, making recommendations, and preparing reports of patient education activities;
*       Submitting data for budgets, monitoring expenses, and analyzing costs of Veteran health education activities;
*       Planning, developing, implementing, evaluating, and revising programs offered through the Employee and Veterans library;
*       Ensuring the efficient organization of work performed by library staff, volunteers, and students;
*       Overseeing staff performance for accuracy and effectiveness;
*       Performing related duties as required.

Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm.

Travel Required

*       Not Required

Relocation Authorized

*       No