From: Hamalainen, Hannah <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 1:42 PM
Subject: [GEONET] GSA/GSIS 2016 Agenda

Hello all,

The 2016 GSIS/GSA 2016 Annual Meeting will be held in Denver, Colorado,
September 25-28, 2016. On behalf of GSIS and as the VP/Pres-Elect, I give
you the GSIS 2016 *Draft* Agenda!  To see the most up to date and full list
of presentations and activities for this year’s conference, visit:

*https://gsis2016.sched.org/ <https://gsis2016.sched.org/>*

Please bookmark this link on your computer and/or mobile phone to ensure
you get the most up-to-date information.

Note that there are three events for which attendance must be
pre-registered:

·         Geoscience Librarianship 101
<https://gsis2016.sched.org/event/6vGx/geoscience-librarianship-101>
(Saturday, Sept. 24) Sign up by emailing Clara at [log in to unmask]

·         GSIS 50th Anniversary Celebration Dinner and Awards Ceremony
<https://gsis2016.sched.org/event/6vHe/gsis-50th-anniversary-celebration-dinner-and-awards-ceremony>
(Tuesday, Sept. 27) For those attending GSA, please include remember to
also register for the GSIS 50th Anniversary Celebration Dinner and Awards
Ceremony online here http://bit.ly/2aK1Y6m
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__t.co_JGlCVat11G&d=DQMFAg&c=c6MrceVCY5m5A_KAUkrdoA&r=buBNCvm6ir26GX7oKHeOJpY1F0DmzTGJKtbmQ3H6giA&m=plYRt8gqpS8jr9HllsLeLdBUXUGgupFAo5h-tPXI85o&s=LECXkFSy0B0dmea9YQQQbEGQ6tlJF1Y0f6I3SW7Phlw&e=>;
those not attending GSA can contact William Cox to purchase a ticket for
this event: [log in to unmask] Tickets will also be sold at the door for
$70/person.

·         US Geological Survey Library Field Trip
<https://gsis2016.sched.org/event/6vH9/us-geological-survey-library-field-trip>
(Wednesday, Sept. 28) This program is FREE, but registration is required by
Sunday, September 25. Register online here: https://goo.gl/forms/
fa0Z0gMtZ5rKx3PA3

Many many thanks to the all the hands that went into creating
this fierce agenda. Special shoutouts those on the GSIS Executive Board and
other committees including Clara McLeod, Emily Wild, Bob Tolliver, Matt
Hudson, and Christopher Badurek. They have worked tirelessly to refine the
details to this upcoming conference.

Best,
Hannah

Hannah Winkler Hamalainen

Geospatial and Earth Sciences Librarian, Assistant Professor

Geospatial Services Center

Liaison to the Departments of Earth Sciences and Geography

University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH 03824

Email:  [log in to unmask]

Phone:  603.862.1631