From: Federal Librarians Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Gernert, James
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 3:53 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [FEDLIB] Collection Development Policies

Good Afternoon,

The SSA Library is beginning work on a collection development policy for the library.  This will be a new endeavor for us, since there isn’t an existing collection development policy at SSA (or if there ever was one it’s been lost in the mists of time!).  Does anyone have a collection development policy that they would be willing to share?  Many of the policies that I’ve reviewed online are for either academic or public libraries, and not exactly suited for our environment.  It would be very helpful to see what issues and policies are addressed by other federal libraries.

Please let me know if  you have any questions, and thanks in advance for any assistance.

Jim

James Gernert

Law Librarian

Social Security Administration