Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the Department of the Interior Library on Thursday, October 6th from 2:00 to 3:15 pm for a training session entitled "EBSCOHost's Academic Search Premier Database: Introduction and New Features" part of our series of free training sessions at the DOI Library.

EBSCOHost’s Academic Search Premier is a multi-disciplinary database originally designed for academic institutions but also now commonly seen in many federal libraries. With a large collection of peer-reviewed full-text journals, the database offers information in nearly every area of academic study including: computer sciences, engineering, biology, history, physics, chemistry, language and linguistics, arts & literature, medical sciences, ethnic studies, and many more. More than 13,600 journals are indexed and full text is provided for more than 4,800. Most are peer reviewed, offering critical information from many sources unique to this database.  Searchable cited references are provided for selected titles. Attendees to this session will be introduced to the Academic Search Premier database by an EBSCOHost trainer, learn about the resources included in the database, and will be taught searching tips and techniques that allow the user to efficiently find the information that he or she requires.

All that are interested are invited.  Please note that the temporary DOI Library is located in Room 2262 of the Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building. The Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building is located at 1849 C Street, NW in Washington, DC.  Space for the program in the Library is limited so please go to the following link to register:

https://docs.google.com/a/nbc.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDVHQUhwT3h4aVJURm14VVV0amR6SlE6MA#gid=0

We do prefer that you attend in person here at the DOI Library if you can.   However, please note that this class is also being offered as a simultaneous online webinar for those that can't attend in person.  Please indicate on the online registration form if you wish to obtain information about webinar access to this program.

You may contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at [log in to unmask] for more information about this program or if you have trouble registering using the link above.  For more information about the DOI Library, its resources, and its services, please visit our website at http://www.doi.gov/library.

We hope that you can attend either in person or virtually on October 6th!

George

George Franchois
Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative Services (OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, Room 2262, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]oi.gov
Phone: (202) 208-3796