Greetings friends!!!

I am excited to know that the opportunity to be with you at the Pavilion of the States for the National Book Festival is fast approaching…. as well as the pre-festival Friday events. As a reminder, for those of you who are able, we are meeting at 3pm on Friday, September 23rd in the Madison Bldg. A draft agenda for discussion is below. I welcome suggestions and questions in advance. It matters that the conversation be valuable and productive, so please contribute your thoughts.

Best,

Pam

State Centers for the Book 9/23 Meeting Agenda (Draft)

A.     Introduction – Pam Jackson, Director CFB (30 minutes)

a.      What we are learning about what’s working and what’s not working?

b.     Q&A

B.    State coordinators (30 minutes)

a.      What do you want to share about what’s working and what’s not working?

b.     Q&A

C.      Other Topics/Programming:

·              Literary Mapping

·              State Book Awards

·              Regional Initiatives including Great Lakes Reads/Rout 1 Reads Reports

-         How well are they working? More to do? Less?

·        What kind of programming would make the most difference to network?

-         New opportunities: United for Libraries / Children’s Book Council

Here is the link to the RSVP google doc for those of you who want to update your information and/or add more to the conversation

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11KUmVIu2hAbDc7C7uI5DYFofybrK4O0a9Z7i2-sZ1A4/edit

[cid:[log in to unmask]]
Pam Jackson, PhD
Director, Center for the Book
101 Independence Avenue, S.E.
LM-650
Washington, DC 20540-1400
T  202-707-3967  |   M 202-657-7815
E [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

The Library of Congress Center for the Book, which includes the Young Readers Center and Poetry and Literature Center, promotes books and libraries, literacy and reading, and poetry and literature knowing that they are the best tools for creating and sustaining informed and engaged societies and the best weapons against ignorance and intolerance.

Visit us at:
The Center for the Book          www.read.gov/cfb<http://www.read.gov/cfb>
The Young Readers Center       www:read.gov/yrc/<http://read.gov/yrc/>
The Poetry & Literature Center  www.loc.gov/poetry<http://www.loc.gov/poetry>