Greetings Friends,

We are proudly celebrating the swearing-in of Dr. Carla Hayden and enjoying her first day in office today as the 14th Librarian of Congress. This is an exciting time and for all of us, I wanted to share some of the coverage.

From today’s New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/15/us/librarian-of-congress-carla-hayden.html?module=WatchingPortal&region=c-column-middle-span-region&pgType=Homepage&action=click&mediaId=thumb_square&state=standard&contentPlacement=3&version=internal&contentCollection=www.nytimes.com&contentId=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2F2016%2F09%2F15%2Fus%2Flibrarian-of-congress-carla-hayden.html&eventName=Watching-article-click&_r=0

Full coverage of Swearing-In Ceremony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKQmcJWz058

For those of you coming to the Book Festival, we look forward to seeing you real soon!!!!

Thank you for your continued participation with the Library of Congress Center for the Book.

Best,

Pam

[log in to unmask]" alt="Description: cid:[log in to unmask]">

Pam Jackson, PhD

Director, Center for the Book

101 Independence Avenue, S.E.

LM-650

Washington, DC 20540-1400

T  202-707-3967  |   M 202-657-7815

E [log in to unmask]

The Library of Congress Center for the Book, which includes the Young Readers Center and Poetry and Literature Center, promotes books and libraries, literacy and reading, and poetry and literature knowing that they are the best tools for creating and sustaining informed and engaged societies and the best weapons against ignorance and intolerance.

Visit us at:

The Center for the Book          www.read.gov/cfb

The Young Readers Center       www:read.gov/yrc/

The Poetry & Literature Center  www.loc.gov/poetry

        The National Book Festival       www.loc.gov/bookfest/