Greetings partners and friends,

With deepest appreciation, I thank you for participating in this year's National Book Festival, Pavilion of the States, State Centers meeting and reception..... along with your year round commitment to Letters About Literature.

Your presence makes a huge a difference in our ability to advance the causes of libraries, literacy, reading promotion and so much more. Thank you for what you do every day and for your commitment to others.

We will look to schedule a call in October to debrief from this weekend and to create our agenda for the next few months. In particular, look for notes out about the meeting from Friday soon.

All the very best,
Pam

FYI!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/at-national-book-festival-all-is-not-lost-for-young-readers/2016/09/24/f8ec732e-827c-11e6-b002-307601806392_story.html

[cid:[log in to unmask]]
Pam Jackson, PhD
Director, Center for the Book
101 Independence Avenue, S.E.
LM-650
Washington, DC 20540-1400
T  202-707-3967  |   M 202-657-7815
E [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

The Library of Congress Center for the Book, which includes the Young Readers Center and Poetry and Literature Center, promotes books and libraries, literacy and reading, and poetry and literature knowing that they are the best tools for creating and sustaining informed and engaged societies and the best weapons against ignorance and intolerance.

Visit us at:
The Center for the Book          www.read.gov/cfb<http://www.read.gov/cfb>
The Young Readers Center       www:read.gov/yrc/<http://read.gov/yrc/>
The Poetry & Literature Center  www.loc.gov/poetry<http://www.loc.gov/poetry>