NLS Operations Alert
DATE : September 16, 2016
TO : Network Libraries
FROM : Richard Smith, Chief, Network Division
SUBJECT : Revision of the 2011 Standards and Guidelines of Service
The Working Team would like to accept comments on the first draft of the revision of the 2011 Standards and Guidelines of Service for the Library of Congress Network of Libraries for the Blind and Physically Handicapped.
You are invited to leave constructive comments for the Working Team as they review the standards.
The 2011 standards may be viewed here: https://app.box.com/s/c4zlnokgqquine0kdrp97lhzal4eu30i.
The first draft document can be found here: http://www.ala.org/ascla/sites/ala.org.ascla/files/content/2011_Final_Revised_Standards_and_Guidelines_of_Service_BlindHandicapped.pdf.
Comments can be provided using the following linked form: https://goo.gl/forms/rSn2UItG4SY5khUt2 or by email to the members of the Working Team:
· Adam Szczepaniak, director, New Jersey State Library Talking Book and Braille Center, representing the Northern Conference.
· Dr. Nancy Pack, director, Alabama Public Library Service, representing Chief Officers of State Library Agencies (COSLA).
· Kim Charlson, president, American Council of the Blind, representing the American Council of the Blind.
· David Hyde, chairperson, Library Services Committee, representing the National Federation of the Blind.
· Melanie Brunson, director, Government Relations, representing the Blinded Veterans Association.
· Ava M. Smith, Division director, Talking Book Program, Texas State Library and Archives Commission, representing the Southern Conference.
For more information contact:
Richard J. Smith
Chief, Network Division