I think in the past we’d have had lots of differentiated NARs floating around, which might once have been undifferentiated, with other identities recorded in them. When that was the case, I would have had little hesitation in recoding this existing record as differentiated.

However, current practice is to delete an undifferentiated NAR when it is down to the last identity, and create a new one. Therefore if we knew that other identities had once been recorded in this record, it would be consistent with that to delete it and create a new one. However I see no need to do so unless other identities have been involved. I would check the record history.

Regards

Richard

Richard Moore

Authority Control Team Manager