From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jesse Lambertson
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 9:56 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: LC call number for ISIS

Michael,
It sure is helpful.
I cataloged an item on this topic just this morning.
thank you,
Jesse

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 12:43 PM, Michael Colby <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

A query about HV6433.I722 not appearing in Class Web:

You have to build this number.

The schedule has:
HV6433.A-Z    (Terrorism -- By region or country--Other regions or countries, A-Z)
Other regions or countries, A-Z
Under each region or country (except Great Britain):
.x         General works
.x2A-.x2Z  Specific groups, A-Z

So you start with:

HV6433

Add the country number from G 300:

I72 (Iraq)

add 2 to this for "Specific groups"

Then Cutter from "I" for IS (Organization)

Crystal clear? No! But logical, I think.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael Colby
Principal Cataloger