From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Stephen Hearn
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 3:35 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Names including an alternate name in quotes

What about a name like bassist Donald "Duck" Dunn, where the nickname appears to have a sequential association with the given name? I agree that the quotes around the nickname in the Dunn cases signifies that "Duck" is something other than a given middle name, but I'm not sure that rules out "Dunn, Donald "Duck" ..." as a useful VAP if supported by usage evidence.

Names have such variety, I'm not sure what possibilities I'd want ruled out in a policy statement focused on this kind of usage.

Stephen