Dear all,

The mixed practices as far as how Taiwanese access points are constructed have been a longstanding issue in the LC/National Authority File and online catalogs.  For example, there are three types of qualifiers used in access points for Taiwanese government agencies and corporate bodies—“China”, “China (Republic : 1949)” and “Taiwan.”  That’s why CEAL (Council on East Asian Libraries) has established the CTP/CCM Working Group on Taiwanese Access Points to make recommendations with options to address the issues, including proposing revisions to the LC-PCC PS for RDA 16.4 (for Taiwan).

For more information concerning this WG, go to:

http://www.eastasianlib.org/ctp/Subcommittees/sub_TaiwaneseAccessPoints.html

We would like to thank our colleagues for your comments on this issue.  For example, John Hostage emailed his comments on this issue in 2013 and shared his suggestions with the CEAL community as well.  The Working Group welcomes your suggestions and comments.  Please email Charlene at [log in to unmask].

Thanks.

Charlene Chou

Chair, CEAL Committee on Technical Processing

Coordinator, Distinctive Collections Technical Services

University of Washington

Seattle, WA 98195