Thanks, Isabel and Adam.

I think PS 2.12 may work all right when the supplements or special issues involved are themselves numbered, but when they’re not, it seems a stretch to call them all series.  I think this creates more complications than it eliminates.

Pete Wilson

Vanderbilt University

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Quintana, Isabel
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2016 6:27 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Questions about serial supplements

Hi Pete,

I’m chair of the task force looking into PS 2.12. Sorry to respond late but I was on vacation and am catching up on email. (Adam, thanks for the quick response.) I just wanted to add that I’d be interested in hearing any thoughts you have on PS 2.12. The task force will be coming up with documentation for how to deal with situations, such as yours, where the current PS 2.12 is not helpful. If you have any thoughts on this, or any further examples of where alternative strategies to PS 2.12 would be more helpful for patrons and catalogers, please send them to me.

Thanks for bringing this to the list.

Peace,

Isabel