The preferred call number appears to be HV6433.I722I85...:  Terrorism -- Other regions and countries, A-Z (HV6433) -- Iraq (.I72) -- Specific groups, A-Z (2) -- IS (Organization) (I85), followed by additional numbers to shelflist by author or title (34 for Alexander, 37 for Atwan, etc.).  But from LC's shelflist it look as if a lot of people get as far as .I722 and then just cutter by the author instead by the group name as they're supposed to.

Robert Rendall
Principal Serials Cataloger
Original and Special Materials Cataloging, Columbia University Libraries
102 Butler Library, 535 West 114th Street, New York, NY 10027
tel.: 212 851 2449  fax: 212 854 5167