Boy, am I glad you brought this up, especially as I am creating AAPs for
works of early Christian literature.  It apparently is ok to use Christian
literature, Early in the Marc field 380.  But I think we need more
specificity.  I found this out while establish Tertullian's De spectaculis,
which is a treatise strongly advising Christians not to attend the
theatre.  It is paraenesis, or moral exhortations.  Other forms, besides
Apologetic works, would be sermons, dogmatic works, liturgy, etc.  Whether
we should put religious qualifiers with them (Christian, Jewish, etc.) is
up for debate I think.  Some forms of literature for Judaism and Islam
would be somewhat the same, but would have more categories relating to
legal matters.

There should also more of a parallelism between the terms in lcgft and the
$v's in LCSH.

Just a few thoughts.

Gene Fieg
Retiried cataloger