Considering your research, I would use:

Li, Fuming $q (Fuming Bruce)

Best.

R. Hall.

--
Robert C. W. Hall, Jr.
Technical Services Associate Librarian
William Munroe Special Collections
Concord Free Public Library, 129 Main St., Concord, Mass. 01742
[log in to unmask] -- www.concordlibrary.org
--

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 3:56 PM, Monaco,Michael J <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I have a dissertation by “Fuming (Bruce) Li”

I’m reasonably sure Li is the surname and Fuming is the given name. I assume Bruce is his “American” name, or maybe a nickname.  Further references to this person are scare – he’s got another credit as Fuming (Bruce) Li on a paper he co-authored; he’s in a group photo for a conference as “Fuming Bruce Li” and there is a patent listing him Li, Fuming Bruce.

Collective wisdom: in the AAP would you record

Li, Fuming Bruce

Li, Fuming (Bruce)

Li, Fuming $q (Fuming Bruce)

Li, Bruce $q (Fuming Bruce)

Or something else? There is another Li, Fuming in the NAF.

Am I missing something in the LC-PCC PS where this situation is covered?

Happy Friday,

Mike Monaco

Coordinator, Cataloging Services

University Libraries Electronic Services

The University of Akron

261 B Bierce Library

302 Buchtel Common

Akron, Ohio 44325-1712